The True Instinct range of products are supplied by Natures Menu Limited
Natures Menu Limited (Natures Menu) is a company registered in England under number 1548073 whose registered office is at
22 – 26 King Street, Kings Lynn, Norfolk, PE30 1BL.
Together they explain our data protection policy and describe how we’ll use any personal data we collect from you or that you provide to us.
All activity on www.trueinstinct.co.uk (our website) is logged and monitored
to help keep personal information secure and to ensure that Natures Menu complies with its obligations under
the Data Protection Act 1998 (the DPA) and the General Data Protection Regulation (the GDPR) from May 2018.
By using our website you agree to the collection, use and transfer of the information you provide to us in line with the terms of
- We'll only collect and use your information where we have lawful grounds and legitimate business reasons to do so
- We'll be transparent in our dealings with you and tell you how we’ll collect and any personal information provided by you
- If we collect your information for a particular purpose, we'll use it specifically for that purpose
- We won’t ask for more information than we need for the purposes for which we’re collecting it
- We will validate your personal information before any account is created on our web-site to ensure that personal information has
been correctly entered
- We'll update our records when you tell us that your details have changed
- We'll periodically review your personal information to ensure we don’t keep it for longer than is necessary
- We'll ensure that your information is securely disposed of at the end of the appropriate retention period
- We'll observe your rights under applicable privacy and data protection laws and will ensure that queries relating to
privacy issues are dealt with promptly and transparently
- We'll train our staff on their privacy obligations
- We'll ensure we have appropriate physical and technological security measures to protect your information regardless of where it’s held
Information we hold about you and how we’ll use it
We may ask you to provide personal information about you and your pet which will be stored, processed, used and disclosed by us in the
- To register to use, or visit our website
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service when you choose to do so
- To keep you updated
- To provide you with recommended feeding plans for your pet
- To enable us to develop and market other products and services and where you have consented to being contacted for such purposes
- To improve our customer service and to make our services more valuable to you
- To send you details of promotions and offers which we think might be of interest to you where you have consented to being
contacted for such purposes
- To answer any questions and enquiries that you may have
- To third parties, regulatory or law enforcement agencies if we believe in good faith that we are required by law to
disclose it in connection with the detection of crime, the collection of taxes or duties,
in order to comply with any applicable law or order of a court of competent jurisdiction, or in connection with legal proceedings
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us
From time to time we may seek your consent to process, use or disclose your information for any other purpose not listed above.
How long we hold information about you
We are required by law to hold your information for as long as is necessary in order to comply with our statutory and contractual
obligations and in accordance with our legitimate interests as a data controller and data processor.
We will endeavor to ensure that your Personal preferences are maintained and up to date.
We will ensure that any changes in personal information that you transmit to us over write previous data held and that data is
deleted upon request.
Information we receive from other sources
We work closely with a number of third parties including credit checking companies, analytics providers, software
providers and regulatory authorities or government departments, and may receive information about you from them.
We may use this information on its own or combined with any of the information we receive or collect from you for any
of the purposes listed below:
- To monitor and improve our service offering to you, as well as to notify you of changes to our website or service.
Where we collect information by way of feedback or a survey, this will only ever be published anonymously as a combination of responses,
rather than individually, unless otherwise agreed with you
- To carry out our obligations under any contracts between you and us, and provide you with services and information that
you request from us
We will retain and process your personal information for as long as necessary to comply with our legal obligations,
resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
Passing on information about you to third parties
To operate effectively as a business we may need to pass your information on to selected and trusted third parties.
The third parties we may share information with are:
- government bodies, departments or other third parties, and departments for research and statistical purposes
- third-party data processors
- any third party to whom we may need to disclose personal information in order to comply with our legal, regulatory and
statutory obligations. This may be as part of a legal process to investigate, prevent, or act regarding illegal activities,
suspected fraud, or situations involving potential threats to the physical safety, property or rights of any person.
It could also include non-compliance with our website rules, or as otherwise permitted
- any third party where you’ve given your consent
Please be assured that when we outsource any process, we ensure that any supplier or contractor has adequate security measures in place. We
also require them to comply with privacy principles as part of our contract with them including compliance with the General Data Protection
Security and safe storage of your personal information
Once we’ve received your information, we'll use appropriate procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet isn’t completely secure. Although we endeavour to protect your personal data,
we can't guarantee the security of data transmitted over the internet. Any transmission of data is at your own risk.
Information supplied by you to us, or that we collect about you, may be transferred and stored by us or processors for the purpose
of providing services to you outside the European Economic Area. Where this occurs, we use the model clauses as issued by the
European Commission or other appropriate safeguards where applicable. By submitting personal data, you agree to this transfer,
storing or processing.
We may monitor the use and content of emails, calls and secure messages sent from and received by us so that we can identify
and take legal action against unlawful or improper use of our systems. The main examples of unlawful or improper use are attempting
to impersonate Natures Menu, the transmission of computer viruses and attempts to prevent this website or its services from working.
How can you access, correct your information and withdraw consent?
You’re able to correct the information we hold about you as follows:
- If you're an online True Instinct member you can find out more about the process to correct the information we hold about you within
your account under -
- If you aren't an online True Instinct member you will need to email us at
You’re able to change your preferences relating to communications from our True Instinct
website and withdraw your consent at any time
- If you’re an online True Instinct member you can do this by logging into your online account and changing your preferences.
- If you aren't an online True Instinct member you'll need to email us at
- You may make a request to access your personally identifiable information that's held by us and maintained in our database. To do
this you need to email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
- From 25 May 2018 you have the right to:
- Request erasure of personal information we hold about you
- Request restriction of processing of such information
- Object to the processing of such information
- Request a copy of such information in a portable format
If you have concerns about the way we handle your personal data, you can contact the ICO or raise a complaint.
Freedom of Information
- To make a request for information under the Freedom of Information Act please send your request to
email@example.com or by post to:
- Freedom of Information requests, True Instinct, c/o Natures Menu Limited, Falcon Road, Snetterton, NR16 2FB
firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to:
- Privacy, True Instinct, c/o Natures Menu Limited, Falcon Road, Snetterton, NR16 2FB